Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Luke!

Dear Luke,
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great year of being 19! (Man, you're getting old) Welcome to your party! I thought of this several weeks ago, and started planning with several bloggers about doing a blog party. Can I say that your blog is *very* hard to hack into? It is. :)

To think that you're already 19....it makes me think of huge Lego castles built, trips to Branson (and Silver Dollar City ((and even more, CASCADES!))) , playing soldiers in the yard, making up stories during school time, your graduation, Fan the Flame, Church Camp, and so much more. Luke, you've always played a huge role in my life. To me, you've been the big brother, the role model. The one that when I was little, I wanted to marry. When you told me I couldn't, you crushed me...till I decided I had to marry someone JUST like you, instead. I never told you this, but you were a huge part of me getting saved. You were one of the biggest influences in my life. I love you, big brother.

You were such a cute baby, too. (not that you aren't now, too!) I know you've blessed Mom and Dad throughout your life, and I pray you'll continue to every day of your life.

My birthday blessing for you is that your days will outshine the glory of Aragorn, King of Gondor. May your love and passion for God will reach the ends of the earth and see many saved. May you will be successful at whatever you put your hands to. May God bless you beyond your wildest dreams. May your days be filled with love, happiness, and everything that God sees fit to give you. "I pray for you on your birthday, that your path, as is promised to the just man, will shine not less and less but more and more; that you will still bring forth fruit in old age; that the Lord will give you a thankful heart like the psalmist's who sang, "O God, thou hast taught me from boyhood, all my life I have proclaimed thy marvellous works: and now that I am old and my hairs are gray, forsake me not, O God....Songs of joy shall be on my lips; I will sing thee psalms, because thou has redeemed me. All day long my tongue shall tell of thy righteousness." (Psalms 71:17, 18, 23, 24 NEB) So--happy birthday!...A birthday filled with thanksgiving and hope is the happiest kind of birthday. Have one of those! Deck yourself with joy!"- Elisabeth Elliot

This is what I pray for you on your birthday.

So, now the party!
I thought that for your birthday, we'd go here:

Lothlorien seems a good place for a birthday party. At least, I hope you'll have fun, hanging with Galadriel and Celeborn.
They decided to light things up all pretty just for YOUR birthday! (do you feel special? :P)




At any rate, I thought it would be fun....now, for the food. Unfortunately, they ran out of lembas, so we decided to fix...
Yup, you got that right! Pepperoni Pizza! This is actually Mom's homeade pizza, but it's hard to see that in the picture. ;) But, knowing you have a big appetite, we decided to have something else too...
Yes, this too is homeade! Mom decided you *neeeded* this too....now, to drink...


There was Sprite here too somewhere...(yells, "Daniel!!!! Where's the Sprite?")





We'll find that somewhere...

Now, for the entertainment...I thought of several things. I thought eating might be entertainment enough...I thought that going to Lothlorien might be entertainment enough...but, no, we have to have entertainment. :) So, we've brought some of your favorite people in...you get to film a movie!!!!!!!! You get to direct, order professionals around, mess with professional actors....we got Viggo, Orlando, Christopher Lee, Elijah, Billy, Dom, Liv, Bernard, Sean Bean, Sean Astin, John (Noble), David, and...just for you, Luke, we got...Peter Jackson! :P Yes, he agreed to come and work with you on producing..of course, you're still in charge. So, have fun for your birthday! (and take lots of pictures! :P)

Now, as to the guests...of course family, friends, and your fiance! :) But, we invited a special guest....

Yes, as a birthday guest, you get...CHRISTOPHER TOLKIEN! I know you'd love to spend hours with this guy, but, I'm afraid it's time to open presents.




Now....what did I want to get you???

It's the closest I could get to the Complete J.R.R. Tolkien. Of course, that would have every scrap written by him, every audio recording, everything written about him, everything with the movies...all of it. :P

But, in reality, what I did get you was this...A Hunted Website. :P Check out huntedthemovie.blogspot.com. It's not absolutely done, but I've got a real good start.

Thanks for being who you are Luke...thanks for being my brother. I love you.

Love, Hannah


(Luke and Hannah in their childhood. :P)



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Luke!

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Emma92/484631/

Pyrolord said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE!!!!!!

Brandon's Girl said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Luke!
Hannah, you made me cry!
~Nicole

Unknown said...

I love that picture...
I love you, Luke, darling.
:)

Luke Hobbs said...

I love you too, my princess.

Hannah, you totally rock my face off; thank you so much for my blog party. I'm sorry you had to go to so much trouble to get on my blog, but it's also pretty funny.

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

Oh I knew it was soon but I didn't remember the day. Happy Birthday old man!!!!!! I hope you had a good party. Sorry this is a day late. But party on Sir!

Anonymous said...

Many happy returns as some hobbits would say!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The HUNTED site is fanominal even though that is NOT how ya spell that. God bless your 19th year with easy school and a great wedding!!!!!!!:P

brandon said...

Happy Birthday, Luke

http://boy-nodnarb.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You should be sorry it was so hard to hack into your blog....good gravy, I spent HOURS. HOURS! :P Usually it doesn't take that long........Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Luke...You da man...Keep letting God use you.

Anonymous said...

8^*
Luke does that look anything like my lemon-sucking face? lol

Anonymous said...

rock on
-jaz

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas