Monday, February 4, 2008

Update on Hunted

Sorry for the prolonged time between posts. I had opportunities to post, but just...didn't, for some reason. Mostly just forgetfulness. So yeah.

I wanted to address the questions about Hunted, because several of you have asked at various times, and even though my fiancee did a wonderful job of answering the most recent question, I figured maybe a word from me wouldn't hurt.

We haven't filmed anything for Hunted since...man, I'm not sure, mid to late November I guess. We stopped partially because it was getting way too cold to be out in the woods in short sleeves, but mostly because Lana and I were getting absolutely swamped with schoolwork and couldn't afford to take the time to film on Saturdays.

The film is not dead, and in fact, if you check out the hobbbottomfilms channel on YouTube (or just scroll down to the bottom of my blog page and look at the sweet player), you'll find a brief behind-the-scenes video clip from the filming of Scene 5 (a scene that I just happened to finish editing recently). My plan is to post more BTS clips in the future, just as a tease and a way to keep people interested. Of course, many are the plans in my heart, but the Lord directs the steps, so we'll see.

So here's where we are on Hunted: approximately twelve scenes stand between us and the completion of filming. I say approximately twelve because it's really hard to gauge; some scenes are partly filmed and partly not-filmed and that makes it hard to tell. But it's around twelve total. We have a couple more days out in the woods, a few more Gang scenes, and a few other loose ends.

That's the filming left. As far as editing, I haven't begun to scratch the surface there; I've edited seven scenes thus far, out of 65. 65 scenes, you ask? That many? Well, yeah, currently, but don't fret just yet; it's going to be a long movie, but not as long as that figure might make you think. Anyways, after editing comes the soundtrack (sound effects, dialogue rerecording, and musical score), and then we'll be ready to show Hunted to the world.

Is all this even achievable, as we stand right now? Good question. It shouldn't take that many days to film everything we have left (of course, my actors have heard that before, many times, and it doesn't always pan out that way), but the editing and sound work will be a huge job that I certainly can't finish till summer, if then. And by then it'll be me and my lovely wife finishing it. Amazing stacey.

So that, my friends, is where Hunted is. Finishing will be a huge challenge at this point, and I don't know that we can do it. But I know God wanted us to do this movie, and I believe He wants us to try to finish it. Whether we will is up to Him. If we do finish it, it won't be ideal, and our extended filming halt isn't going to help continuity any. But that's okay; we're to work at it with all our might, because we truly are working for the Lord, not for man.

And that comforts me, because any studio would have long ago lost patience with us and pulled the plug. (We would never have been working for a studio on this, and it would have made our situation far different, but those facts are beside the point.)

I'd like to thank you guys for your prayers and encouragement on our little film; it means so much to us. Please continue to pray. If the Lord wills, you really will get to see Hunted someday -- I pray, someday soon.

God bless!

14 comments:

Brandon's Girl said...

If you don't mind my asking, is this something you would like to do later? (film making, director-ing :op) Like, what are you planning on doing in the future? I'm just curious. You are great at it, and I admire your patience.
~Nicole

Anonymous said...

Aw, come on... you have to believe! You have to have faith! No "I don't know that we can do it"s... YOU CAN DO IT!!! I believe in you!!! :P No really, though... I really really really hope I'll see it someday.

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you for the update! I knew this blog wasn't WHOLLY devoted to sappiness!:P Just kidding, I don't mind! But I do love to hear about HUNTED. Yall can do it! You can finish this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure we'll ever finish it... :)
Anyways, yeah. That's my 2 cents. I have to admit though, that I'd like to go and do all night filming again...that rocked...
~Hannah

the momma said...

um - the counter - you are STRESSING ME OUT

days ticking by are bad enough, but the seconds........

Anonymous said...

Like the countdown!!!! Had one for the superbowl, and I find things DO seem much closer when there's seconds ticking down!

Anonymous said...

I think the counter is just sad. :P JK, it's funny and sweet.
Hannah you're a pessimist.

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

If I were the momma, the counter twould stress me too. But being an innocent bystander, I think tis funny. Yup I do.

Brandon's Girl said...

106 Days, 06 Hours, 04 minutes and 53, 52, 51, uhhhh, wait! 30 seconds, 29, 28, ahhhhh, confusion! I wonder if they have these for years... :op
~Nicole

Anonymous said...

Nicole, uhh... I think it would just be a lot of days... ;)

Brandon's Girl said...

yep, 1000 and a few more! Check out my blog, ;op
~Nicole

Anonymous said...

ok I LOVE the save the date cards!!! AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Me too! In my opinion they are the essence of elegance and niceness!

Unknown said...

Hi, Luke dearest, I've been looking at your countdown, and I think the hours may be off, possibly due to time-zone differences?

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas