Saturday, April 12, 2008

Where I am right now

I really haven't posted in a long time, have I?


Going to Lana's church tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it; should be a pretty different style of service than what I'm used to, and that's a good thing. And of course, I'm just excited about getting to be with Lana and her family.

Then, that afternoon at her church, we have the second of our wedding showers! Yippee great and glorious joy! The one last Sunday, at my church, was a blast, and now we get to do another one! Pretty cool to think about getting presents from a bunch of people most of whom I've never met.

Heading into the home stretch with school; three weeks of class left. It's strange, the way semesters go by. You get situated in your new classes, then you get used to them and they just become a part of regular life, then before you know it they're wrapping up. Cannot wait to bid this semester farewell and head into what promises to be the greatest summer of my life.

Forty days left till marriage. Sounds very surreal, yet for some reason it isn't, to me. It just feels right, to know that I'm spending my last few days in my family's house, that I will soon leave it and not come back (except to visit, of course), that I will begin to live with Lana and continue living with her for the rest of my life.

As I prepare for that, I'm still looking for one key component -- my job. The company that I have been working for had to downsize this year and I probably won't be working for them again in the foreseeable future. So I'm exploring options and trying to find a job. My personal goal is to have a job by the end of this coming week, so please pray that God will guide my search and lead me to the job He has for me, in His time.

That's all for now. Sorry for the length of time between posts; hopefully I'll be able to post more frequently in the future. God bless all of you.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny, you're excited to get presents from people you don't even know, but it makes me nervous.
Not tomorrow, though. I'm excited about tomorrow!

And I'm really happy that you're coming to church with us!
My church is a lot different than yours, but I guess I've warned you about that before.

I think you'll like it, though.

Unknown said...

*sigh* I'm just so glad you'll be there... And I'll get to worship with you, it'll be great...
I love you. I miss you!
Namarie, melda

Anonymous said...

whoa... uh, hi!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Meggy...
Dude, Luke, I'm tired. So, no profound thoughts from me...I don't even wanna comment on the post...not cause it wasn't good..I read it, but it kinda went in the brain, and then out the brain....regardless, I still love you, and I'm going to bed.
-The sleepy little sister

Anonymous said...

Hey, Luke, you were writing a post last night....or the other night, anyways...are you going to post it?

Anonymous said...

Poor Luke. You not getting any comments. Are you lonely?
31 days until you is a married Sir!!!!! 1 month!!!!! Cain't wait.

Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity, what song did you use for the HUNTED trailer? I watched Superbowl XLI again yesterday and they used it. I know I know it, but the name escapes me...

Luke Hobbs said...

It's called "Requiem for a Tower" by Corner Stone Cues. It was most famously used as the main trailer music for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

And yes, a new post is coming; I started the one the other day, but I haven't had time to finish it yet. I feel bad about having so much time between posts, but the blog is fairly low-priority these days.

Anonymous said...

Ah, don't worry about blogging, my love, it's not really a priority.

Anonymous said...

I second that except for the "my love" part. LOL We know you're a busy guy, and while we enjoy hearing from you, don't feel bad or stress about it.

Anonymous said...

Heehee, thanks, Emma ;P

Anonymous said...

Ah thank you!!!

Unknown said...

your welcome.

Anonymous said...

???

Unknown said...

sorry...

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas