Monday, March 31, 2008

The Slow March of Time

Wanted to write one more post while it's still March. Especially while it's still March 31. Because as my lover wrote for a school assignment due today, "March 31 only comes once a year - celebrate it!"

Right now I am glad to be finished with March, mostly because it allows me to move on to April, and after April comes - well, you know. All sorts of people are now telling me how quickly May 23 will come. And well, yeah, it is - and I kinda feel bad that it's coming quickly for my dear future mom-in-law, because she has so much to do to get ready, and even though it's a special day for her, she's not the one getting married. I don't guess I've thanked you for all your work, Mrs. T - Thank you so much! It overwhelms me how hard you're working to make my and Lana's day even more special.

But I'm not the mother-in-law, I'm the groom, and May 23 seems so far away still. I miss Lana so badly. I even miss her when I'm with her now - not because her presence is lacking in some way; I'm missing something else, that we've never had and won't have until the wedding day. It hurts to not be able to hold her hand or kiss her or wrap my arms around her. But I know, however much of an eternity it may seem, the end is very near.

I wrote an article for the upcoming CtB (which is, BTW, the last one, if you hadn't heard that yet) about waiting for my wedding and how it must parallel Jesus' waiting for His own wedding. Definitely something I'd never thought about before.

Well, I'm gonna go to bed now. Please be in prayer for me and Lana, especially Lana in the next few days; she has a lot of school assignments to do and not much time to do them. And also, we've been going through some...well, spiritual warfare, is the way she put it today, and I think that's right. So pray that God will focus our hearts on Him and that we will trust Him with everything.

BTW, I apologize for the title of this post. It's terrible, I know. I just couldn't resist...

41 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, thanks, Mom!

Luke, my love, I miss you.
Darling, it's not that much longer now, really it's not. It's a long time, but it's only 53 days until we'll be together til death do us part.
We'll make it. Unless the Lord wills otherwise, I believe we'll make it just fine.

Iluvyou (and yes, I miss you too)
~your wild shieldmaiden

Anonymous said...

wild shieldmaiden? Whoa neat!!!:D

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with the title?

Unknown said...

It's a [fairly stupid] pun.
but don't slap his hand.

Anonymous said...

Luke, you took off the disclaimer on the countdown, cool!
:^)
Iluvyou...

Brandon's Girl said...

I wish I only had 51 days. Lucky. *in a Napolean Dynamite sort of way*
~Nicole

Anonymous said...

Uh, I still don't get it, but oh well. What else is new?

Anonymous said...

Emma, some things in life you never will get...you just gotta act like you do...it'll convince people you do. :P :P :P
lol, anyways, that was fun...

Brandon's Girl said...

Oh, Napolean Dynamite says "Lucky" in a flippin sweet kind of way. I was saying they are lucky cause they only have fifty-one days left until their wedding. It makes me want to cry. I have a thousand and something.
~Coley

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Colie... :(

Pyrolord said...

11

Pyrolord said...

12

Pyrolord said...

14

Pyrolord said...

15

Pyrolord said...

16

Pyrolord said...

17

Pyrolord said...

18

Pyrolord said...

20!!!! WHOOOHOOOO!!!20!!!!!!!!

Pyrolord said...

21

Pyrolord said...

22

Pyrolord said...

87 1/2

Pyrolord said...

Dang, it didn't work.

Anonymous said...

Tony, I don't think there's such a thing as a half comment.

Anonymous said...

Tony what were you trying to make work?

Anonymous said...

I do believe he was trying to make it REALLY be the 87 1/2 comment. He's weird.

Unknown said...

yes, Emma, he is very much so.

But, you're right, that's what he was trying to do. It worked, you know, for 11 through 22.


Luke. Man, I miss you so bad. Less than fifty days, now. Wow.
7x7.
It's a special number. precisely 7x7 days from 7:00 tomorrow evening.
wow...
Darling, I miss you and it hurts. Got to work on that last article for CtB....

Anonymous said...

:P I wouldn't have been so rude to say so if he hadn't called himself rude on my blog.

All those 7's... that IS cool!

Anonymous said...

Whoa Tony. You're deep.

Unknown said...

Yo, this is just for Yuka and Yana.
49 DAYS!!

Unknown said...

Yeah, hope you enjoyed that.
Don't get used to it.

Unknown said...

Ah, that's so nice, Jazzy! :^D

Unknown said...

Yeah. I'm just a little ball of sunshine.

Anonymous said...

That's EXACTLY what I'd call you, Jazzy. :P Jk..
Keep being a ball of sunshine if you like...but not in the morning. Please not in the morning.

Unknown said...

Dude. Mornings vacuum.

Anonymous said...

any of yall seen that commercial, I dunno what it's for, but there's all these people that run out to the top of the hill and try to block the sun and it said "don't fight Monday"? I dunno why I thought of that.

Unknown said...

Dude! That one't flippin hilarious!
Funny stuff! Fu-hu-ny stuff!

Pyrolord said...

Your countdown is freaking me out a little bit.

Anonymous said...

How will we finish wedding preparations in 44 days?
How can I wait 44 days to be married?
Is this bipolar?

Anonymous said...

Maybe. Slightly:P

Anonymous said...

His grace is sufficient for us, for His strength is made perfect in our weakness.

Pyrolord said...

"Hello warrior"

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas