Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just over a day left...

I'm writing this post from my and Lana's apartment. Sitting on the black couch, listening to the hum of the air conditioner (well, along with Michael W. Smith on my lappytop). It's the home God has provided for us. What an incredible blessing; thank You, Lord!

Just chillin' here (and getting a few things done while I chill, I should add) before I head over to the rehearsal. Ahh...

I love my house. It's not really a house, I know, but I won't be able to stop calling it that. It's just...so crazy, to sit on the couch and see all the stuff we've brought in thus far. And to know that a week from tomorrow, Lana and I will be settling down here -- to live together.

And by that time, we'll have been married for a week -- AHHHHHH!!!!

I want to quote my song, man I do, but I can't, I'm saving it back. The world premiere for it is tomorrow night at 7 pm, if anyone wants to attend.

Wow, I'm getting married in about twenty-seven hours. And I still haven't really gotten nervous yet. I figured I would, I'm still expecting it to hit me at any minute. But so far it's just like, wow, wow, it's really happening and the greatest day of my life really is tomorrow. Wow. Praise God, praise God, praise God.

Thank you all for praying for me and Lana, and please don't stop now. Pray especially for the wedding, not for us (although we'd appreciate it) so much as for those who attend. I believe God wants our wedding to be a powerful testimony of His grace and love. Not everyone who will be there knows Jesus.

A thought just hit me. We do an Easter program every year in our church, and at times I've wondered what it would be like to play Jesus. I so respect Jason, the guy who currently does it; he takes it so seriously and lets God work through him.

But, um, wow, get this, this just occurred to me: Tomorrow night, I'm playing Jesus. Our wedding is a picture, an acting out of the Great Romance between Christ and His people. Lana represents the Church. And as the groom, I will be standing in the place of my Savior. What a thought!

OK, so now I'm a little bit nervous.

I'll try to post tomorrow, but in case I don't have time, God bless you guys, and thanks for the prayers!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, darling. You make me happy. I can't wait to see our house!

Anonymous said...

You're singing a song tomorrow? Did you write it? Are you going to cry? I can't wait!!! *shrieks and squeals* I'm sooo excited!! yipee! Wow... soooo happy for ya'll!

Anonymous said...

The wedding was beautiful...congratulations to you both!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Luke. :P

Unknown said...

Happy for you! Heard the song rocked boat! See ya'll!

Emma said...

You're married!

Unknown said...

They're married, so they are too busy to check they're blogs right now. Please leave a message after the beep. *BEEP*

Anonymous said...

Hey Luke,
It seems like it's been longer than four days...I hope y'all are having fun. :P You missed a great cookout yesterday. Everybody asks about you, congratulates you (through me). After the wedding, so many people told me I was lucky to have a brother like you, and get a sister like Lana. :) I told them that I knew. :P
But, we DO have more food around here now....
loveya,
Hannah

Unknown said...

*BEEP*

(It always beeps after your are done with the message. Come on peeps, keep up with me here!)

Brandon's Girl said...

Hey mister, you need to change your dealymugig that tells about you and Lana. You are not courting anymore, you're married (this is where you say, "thanks captain obvious"). You also need one of your weddin pictures on your blog.
Good job Luke, you picked a great girl.
~Nicole

Anonymous said...

Ha, Nicole, I might just have to post for him....let me see if I can hack into his account...

Unknown said...

WHY IS NO ONE BEEPING? YOU MUST BEEP!
So... congrats, I guess!
*BEEP*

Anonymous said...

Um, thanks, Jazzy, we're back now.

Hello everybody LUKE AND I ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


beep.

Anonymous said...

It sounds to me like ya'll all need to watch your mouths. LOL jk

Curiously Normal said...

Hey, Luke... I know things are crazy there right now, but as soon as you can you should get ahold of HR for the work-from-home job. She said she's been emailing you but getting an auto-responder that you were on your honeymoon...not sure if you got them or not. I know the extra income has been a huge blessing for us. They are excited to work with you again if you can squeeze it in.
-brannan

Curiously Normal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

*BEEP* Hey Luke, the wedding was magnificent and I'm so happy I got to be there. Thank you both for being such an inspiration through your courtship and everything else - that made me cry all by itself! Can't wait for my turn!!!:) But, now that yall are married, you're STILL gonna post, right? Well, this is a long message. Talk to you later bye.
*END MESSAGE*

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas