Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You are now entering the SAPPINESS ZONE...Beware

Well, five months of courtship, today. And four more months till marriage. Wow...There's no doubt that the 23rd is my all-time favorite day of the month. It's beautiful...

She wrote an absolutely darling post on her blog about it and about me and about things she loves about me. *Sigh* Wow...she's so sweet...

It's a wonderful idea, and I think I'd like to do the same thing, about her. (Wow, you're thinking, THAT was unpredictable.) Well, she's that amazing, and I love her so much, and I love talking about her. And I haven't really written a post about her in a while anyway. And it is the 23rd, after all. OK, so I'm sure you'll agree that there are plenty of reasons for me to do this. Let us then proceed. If you don't like the sappiness, I'm sorry and don't feel obligated to read it; it's not really for all the rest of you anyway.

What do I love about my fiancee? Mmm...

I love her radiant smile; she insists on calling it crooked and I still don't see really what she means; I mean, I've never seen anyone with a straight smile. Isn't it impossible to have a straight smile, by definition? Anyways, yeah, her smile is knock-me-down gorgeous.
I love how she takes care of me. She takes advantage of every opportunity she gets now; just wait till we're married.
I love how she's mature and deep and profound, and yet also can say stupid things, pursue (seemingly) pointless lines of discussion with me, and laugh at my idiocy.
I love how she dresses, never ostentatious but always stylish and simple.
I love her range of voice, whether she's reading things aloud (you may not like it, darling, but I do), arguing an important point in class discussion, or whispering secrets to me.
I love how she is never demanding, never tries to manipulate me into doing what she wants, because all she wants is to be with me and for me to be happy. I was thrilled to be able to get her the engagement ring that she had wanted, a marquise solitaire in white gold band, but I know for a fact that she would have been thrilled with any ring I might have given her, and never would have thought to complain.
I love how she holds LilyPie and never treats her as baggage but always as a person to be loved and sung to and danced with and talked to.
I love how, when she's cooking, she climbs onto the counter to reach the high cabinets (even though it makes me frightfully nervous and I hope to eliminate it by getting high things for her when we're married).
I love how she pours herself into her work, whether it's cooking, writing, cleaning, or studying.
I love her hands; she doesn't like them (or didn't, at least) but I truly cannot imagine any more beautiful hands, and I can't wait to hold them.
I love how well she knows me and how she can tell when something's bothering me.
I love that her heart is that of a shining servant: she wants to serve God first and love Him with her everything, then serve and love me with her everything, then serve and love the rest of her family (now it's parents and siblings; eventually it will be our kids, hers and mine).
I love her willingness to come be a part of my church, even though it's outside her comfort zone and even though it's going to be so hard for her.
I love that she's acutely aware of her failings and shortcomings, and doesn't try to hide them from me.
I love that she tells me about myself, and lets me tell her about herself.
I love how she guarded her heart for me and did not let me in until I asked with parental blessing.
I love how she looked at me through the tears in her eyes and returned my love, as soon as I told her I love her. Without hesitation.
I love that she is my girl and no one else's, and that she is giving me her everything, holding nothing back.
I love how I can look into her eyes and see my reflection.
I love her green eyes, the most beautiful eyes God has ever made, eyes that He made for me.

I could go on and on and on ("and you already have," the rest of you are groaning), but it's considerably past my bedtime, so I'll stop there. Although the posting day will read the 23rd, it is now the 24th - three months and twenty-nine days till I marry my Lana Marie. I still have trouble believing it. Wow...

Thank You, Father, for the unspeakable gift that is my lover. I ask you to allow me to love my princess the way she deserves, to always treasure her and love her as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself up for her. I praise Your Name, my God; the life You've given me is the opposite of what I deserve, but to share life with Lana...You are too good to me.

My Lana, I miss you terribly, and I can't wait to see you tomorrow. I love you.

41 comments:

Pyrolord said...

Yeah, that...that was pretty sappy. ;p

Anonymous said...

Lana you ARE awesome and a great example! But's that's as far as I'm gonna go...:P Heehee!

Anonymous said...

Hey! remember how you said we need a new word instead of "sappy"? I found one! You two are: "Mawkish". Whaddyatink?

Anonymous said...

Mawkish? Ok!! :P
Luke that was extremely sappy but I don't care, I think it was sweet...

Unknown said...

Mawkish? I ... :( I don't like it. It has a very negative connotation.
how about... luvspeak?
Hmmm...

Luke, my wonderful, you make me feel so loved. So... cherished. That's a good word for the feeling, I think.

I'm your treasure, aren't I? I know I am, cuz you say it to me... How nice to be able to see it! And I love how open you are about it, darling.
You treat me like a princess, darling, and I don't think I deserve it, but I'll do my best to be your royal shieldmaiden, my wonderful knight
I love you; thank-you, it's a beautiful post, darling.
I am so blessed, to be so loved.

Anonymous said...

Oh, well I wasn't aware it was negetive! YOU'RE the Miss Dictionary around here, member Lana!:P

Brandon's Girl said...

Random comment:
Once upon a time there were four hillbillies surrounding a hole. They looked down, but could not see the bottom. One suggested they throw a rock down the hole, so they did and heard nothing. Then, they suggested something bigger. They found an old, rusty engine and through it down the hole. To their surprise, a goat came through at app. 100 mph and fell into the hole. The toothless men were still in shock when a farmer came and asked if they had seen his goat. They replied incredulously with a, "yep, he just sped through and went down this hole at about a hundred miles an hour" (imagine it in a hillbilly-ish way). The farmer replied, "That's impossible! I had him tied to an engine."
The End

I told you it was random.
~Nicole

I like "luvspeak"

Brandon's Girl said...

line six, word three is supposed to be "threw", not "through", lol, sorry.

Anonymous said...

Nicole!! That is a ssssssaaaaaaadddddd story!!!!! :'( Poor little goaty!!! :(

Unknown said...

Oh, Nicole, you shall give our Emma nightmares!

Brandon's Girl said...

lol, sorry, shall I make it something different? I really don't like goats. I watched a sci-fi documentary (is there even such thing) about goat-people when I was little. It made me have nightmares. Then, my sunday school teacher got what were called "alien" contacts and put them in and they looked like goat eyes. I have been scarred ever since. I think goats are really out to get people. I do think that those fainting goats are cool though (wouldn't want one still).
~Nicole

Pyrolord said...

Goats are NOT out to get people!!
There isn't anything scary about goats(at least, not mine) ;p

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Tony. This is quite sad. First Nicole has to stand up for me to Tony, and now Tony has to stand up for me to Nicole.
Alright, Nicole, that's it. You're getting the speech.
Goats are NOT scary or bad or out to get people or evil or ANYTHING!! Goats are totally awesome!! If you knew my goats, you'd love them!!! Have you seen the pics of my goats on my blog?? they're ccuuuuuuttee!!! And really sweet, too. Some people say goats' eyes are evil, but they're not!! Go to: http://homeschoolblogger.com/Emma92/Goats/

Pyrolord said...

You think that you'd learn to stand up for yourself.. LOL
Good speech btw. But, you have to admit it, goats have different looking eyes than most animals have.
I tried to look at the pics of your goats, but, our compy would only let me see like, three of them. Cute goats they were/are tho..

Anonymous said...

True some goats are nice, but my grandpa's goat is EVIL SPIRITED I promise!!!!!!!!!!
Off the goat subject, Luke and Lana, at my new church we have met a couple that are like THE IMAGE of yall in 20 years. Same attitude, heart toward the Lord, a lot the same. They even LOOK like you really! Same color hair, same basic expression, everything! The guy even has Luke's same eyes kinda and I think Lana's talked about the "hello" expression that is exactly the same. Except he's not a writer, he's an architect. And the wife has Lana's kind of personality making her VERY fun to talk to)! It's even verified: I said to Mom, "Don't the Hs remind you of-"
"Luke and Lana. I know. I thought exactly the same thing."
It's uncanny scary!

Brandon's Girl said...

I'm sorry, goats are still creepy! They are cute until you look at their eyes. What are the fainting goats called? Pymies?
~Nicole

Unknown said...

haha, Meggy, that's funny. You should send a pic, and we'll see if Luke and I think there's any resemblence between them and us...
Anyway, that's cool, and you're very sweet :^)

Goats- I like them alright. But I don't spend much time with them...

Anonymous said...

Well, yeah, Tony, you'd think. :P But, I can be pretty dependent. I'm much more confident when I'm not alone. In fact, I have a sort of fear of being alone. lol Really though. Ask any of my close friends.
Oh, sorry about the pics. It was actually prolly that I had to delete them to make more space. Oops. I really need to get more pics but they're not very exciting right now; no new babies, always the same. Their eyes ARE different but COOL!!! And they are cute when they have cute expressions.

Anonymous said...

Some goats ARE cute. Some of Emy's goats are cute. But once I had a heartbreaking experience involving a goat our neighbors had. We absolutley loved and we got the quite timid little thing to like us too. Then somebody tried to shoot it, so they had to get rid of it to a petting zoo or something. Since, I have been somewhat averse to goats. Scars remain:P Ok, I'm not really sad anymore!

Brandon's Girl said...

I can be alone *grimacing look* and sometimes I need it. But, when I get home from babysitting or somewhere I always have to check behind the doors and shower curtain and under the beds and in the closets. I will come into the house saying something about a gun or the police, or knowing Tai Kwon Do because I'm so afraid of someone being there. Literally, so not kidding. Sad, eh? In a few years *squeal of happiness*, Brandon will probably come home and scare me and he is going to get seriously hurt! Lol, poor Brandon...
~Nicole

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor thing. Yes, I know what you mean, I sometimes need to be alone, too, but it's... lonely. :P
Meggy.... *some* of them are cute?!?!

Anonymous said...

Meaggy has found look alikes at all the foreign churches she has gone to for very long.

Meag.
I wanna meet these people when I come, dearie.

Anonymous said...

Meaggy has found look alikes at all the foreign churches she has gone to for very long.

Meag.
I wanna meet these people when I come, dearie.

Anonymous said...

Yeah but me... she says there's no one with my personality. Is that a good thing? lol

Anonymous said...

No you silly Lady! Not EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

And I think it's a good thing Emy! I'm not sure, cuz it hasn't happened much before, but...:P

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

I didn't say everybody I just said all the churches. Snorkfish!

Pyrolord said...

Hey Luke, it wouldn't bother me at all if you posted again...soon.

Unknown said...

That's good to know, Tony.
Luke - I love you...

Brandon's Girl said...

Do ya'll notice how we just pick a random somebody's blog and just converse with each other and not actually the person he wrote it. Well, sometimes ya'll say something to the blog-ee...
Well, hmmmm, now that I think of it, it is the only way to get comments from anyone else (that is, besides Mr Warrior Sir, I even posted a joke on his, but to no avail). When is Ftf? I would very much like to know and I had a great time last year. Well, I'm going to sleep now.
Adeiu!
~Nicole

Anonymous said...

Me neither Luke! Perhaps something about this movie of yourn! Has it completley dissolved? Or is it hidden in an obscure crypt? It would not be cool to let all your fans down!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was hoping that when your page come up I would be able to think "Oh look a new post!". But, alas, I must just make do with new comments and good music.

:(

Unknown said...

Hey Meggy, the movie is (like Luke posted before)on hold, we had to stop filming when winter came last year, and school got crazy...
we still plan to finish it, but I don't know exactly when.

Pyrolord said...

When the star of the show(yours truly) is half a foot taller than he was when you started?

Brandon's Girl said...

Are you really half a foot taller? I havn't grown in three years. But, that's okay, I want to be short forever.
~Nicole

Anonymous said...

Power to the short people!!!!
Right, Nicole?

Pyrolord said...

Power To the tall people!!! and maybe Luke too... ;p

But seriously Luke, my pants are WAY too short. and I still haven't found my other boot....

Anonymous said...

You lost your boot?

Pyrolord said...

Yeah, I've looked everywhere for it, but apparently it doesn't want to be found...
I guess it probably wouldn't fit anyways....

Unknown said...

No, that's probably true; I doubt it would fit...
Still, Tony, honestly, how do you *lose* something THAT big?
LOL...

Anonymous said...

But what did that have to do with anything??

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas