Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sickness, storms, spring break, and The Story

Yo all,

Thanks for the kind comments and for being quiet and all that jazz. I have been sick and rather miserable, but hopefully (wink wink, Lana) I'm getting over it. Yesterday was a horrendous day, full of high fever and upset stomach and barely being able to move. Today I've had a low fever, I'm still pretty tired, and I've had a splitting headache. But it's definitely better than yesterday. The strangest part of this whole thing is that even since my stomach settled down, I haven't had much of an appetite at all.

Anywayz, so that's my report, now that's enough about sickies.

I don't remember the last time we had this much rain. It rained most of yesterday evening and most of the day today. The most exciting part of it came early this afternoon when heavy winds swept through Branch. I was standing in the dining room, watching the storm rip branches off our neighbor's tree, and saw a huge something fly by the north window. What in the world was that? I shifted my gaze to the east windows, which overlook our front yard and the highway. Next moment, our trampoline soared past the neighbor's tree and onto Highway 41. The wind had carried it all the way from its place in the back yard, over the fence, past Dad's truck in the driveway, over the ditch, and onto the road. That trampoline is now famous in the Branch area.

Such are the thrills of a small town in Arkansas. It's still raining right now, and according to the local weather reports, it probably won't stop anytime soon. I'm just glad that, like my sickness, all this rain is coming in the early part of this week. Our church's Easter program is this weekend, and I certainly don't want to be sick -- or to have it rain this much -- then.

It's also nice that it's spring break and I don't have to miss class. But as glad as I am to have some time off from school, I'm pining for my Lana. She was supposed to get to come over today, but my sickies prevented that. I'll see her tomorrow, Lord willing.

The attempts at sappiness to her over on her blog made me chuckle. You guys have got a ways to go, but that's okay.

Easter Week is one of my favorite weeks of the year. Obviously it's exciting because of the Easter program, one of the biggest events our church does all year. But so much more than that, this is the week when we give special attention to the story of Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection.

It's such a fascinating story, and it never fails to hit me whenever I read it in any of the four Gospels. A spellbinding plot with twists and turns. Glorious love. Wrenching betrayal. A climax followed by a bigger climax. Memorable villains. And the greatest Hero of all time.

Take some time this week to read it in your Bible. Experience anew the crowd's Hosannas, Judas' treachery, Peter's tears, Pilate's dilemma. And rejoice for the King who did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

Praise forever the Name of Jesus.

36 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry you've got a headache, still love, but obviously you're feeling better if you can actually sit at a computer now, so that's good.
I've felt puny all day long :(

The rain - man, darling, you ought to see the creek! And the pond, it's so swollen that Josiah asked where the ocean came from. :)

how nice it must be to have time to watch the storm....

Hey, btw, darling, good news, I have now finished editing the submitted pieces for this issue of CtB! Yay!!!! One thing down, a kajillion more to go.
I love you.... I miss you.
I hope you're not sick tonight, so that you'll feel better, and so that I'll get to see you tomorrow...

Unknown said...

The rain was no good, because one of our new baby calves is missing. It was only five days old, and our creeks are so high and the pastures are flooded, so we think it may have gotten washed away. But I am praying that didn't happen.

Anonymous said...

YAY Lana CtB!! I'm glad you're still doing it. Let me know if you need anything.

Jazzy that is soooo sad. Was it a special calf? Did you like it?

Oh yeah, I guess I could talk to Luke since this IS his blog. :P

Sorry you're sick. That stinks.

The rain is... a lot. Our creek is so flooded we can hardly get over it and I had to call the farrier who was supposed to come out yesterday and cancel, which is no good b/c poor Rusty needs him. :(

The trampoline story is funny b/c yesterday on our way into town we saw several trampolines that had blown into ditches or telephone poles or fences, so that was kina the joke.

We don't get spring break. Everyone can feel sorry for me now. :P

The sappiness on Lana's blog was supposed to be lame. Mine was at least.

I'm so excited about the Easter Program!! And nervous to find out what I'm doing tonight.

That is amazing, isn't it? No matter how many times you hear The Story, it doesn't get old. I never really thought of it, but it's true. I've heard it since I was little, and read it several times, considering it's in the Bible four times. Yet, even though I may get tired of reading some things, that just never gets old. It's amazing. How *could* one get tired of reading about a Guy who died for them? It's so awesome.

Unknown said...

Emy, then calf was sooooo cute.
I hadn't named it yet, I usually don't until about a week or so to see how it acts and stuff. We still haven't found it, so it is prolly gone. It's mama has been bawling looking for it, and it is very sad.

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I haven't seen a real rain since I moved here? It started a rain/snow mix and everybody over here freaked out!!! We thought it counted as rain, but Dad said it was snaining:) I miss a nice thunderstorm!!!

Anonymous said...

I came up with a different name for rain and snow mixed - Luke and I now call it "slog".
It was slogging so hard, very few people came to the concert a week ago.
And when I went outside, I got sloggy, and it was cold.

Sorry about the calf jazzy, that's sad...

Anonymous said...

Slog... cool!!! Slog is cold. So is leftover snow! We get that a lot. It's too hot to wear a jacket and snow's lyin around all over the place and... it's interesting!!!!

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

I feel bad. I am the one who told eveyone you needed comments so that you would know you were 'preciated and I haven't commented you till now.

I think that the trampoline storry is quite commical. Very much liked it I did. ;D

Anonymous said...

Lady are you related to Yoda? LOL jk!!! I was just teasing about your "very much liked it I did"

Unknown said...

If she is, I will love her even more!

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

Well....

Anonymous said...

EMYKAYLIEKATYSHOCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!! You actually said the word YODA when it came to mind without being asked!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

Unknown said...

I was surprised she even knows who yoda is!!!!

Unknown said...

HE IS RISEN!!!

Anonymous said...

He is risen indeed!

Brandon's Girl said...

HAPPY EASTER!!! I actually posted on a holiday, woot for me!

Brandon's Girl said...

HAPPY EASTER!!! I actually posted on a holiday, woot for me!

Brandon's Girl said...

grrrr...

Anonymous said...

"Woot"??? methinks it's "whoot":P I think Jazzy told her about Yoda... or maybe me, I disremember. Who told you Emy?

Unknown said...

I dunno, it was prolly me or Sarah. And my yoda poster freaked her out...

Anonymous said...

Numerous people, prolly, but mostly Jazzy. You should be extra proud that I knew how he talks and that I didn't call him the "little green guy" or "Yoga" :P I usually accidentally call him "Yoga".

Unknown said...

I hereby declare that anyone who calls Yoda "The little green guy" or something of that nature, shall be burned at the stake! Well, maybe that's a little harsh, but something will happen to them! And it will be vile!

Anonymous said...

SIZE MATTERS NOT!!!!!!!! And only Palpatine DARES mention that he's green - but of course he gets force shoved over a chair for his trouble. Great awesome jedi!!!! *swoon*:P

Unknown said...

Thanks, Meggy! And call me crazy, but I think Yoda is kind of handsome...

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

crazy

Anonymous said...

I agree with ya Jazzy... :P Yoda rocketh... :P Def. not just a little green guy...

Anonymous said...

But Jazzy!! I called him that once... but it was only to keep myself from calling him Yoga...

Anonymous said...

He's cool, yes, but handsome?
Luke is handsome. My dad is handsome. Yoda is wrinkly and green.

Unknown said...

BURN HER AT THE STAKE!
Sorry, I'm getting carried away.
Yoda is my hero and he is handsome no matter what you say!

Unknown said...

And maybe I LIKE wrinkly and green!
Did this ever occur to you?

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

Jaz darlin' ummm.... you will be hard pressed to find a real version of him. Did you know that only people can look like him if they are digital or wear makeup or wear a mask. Now dear, don't get angry. We all must be ushered into reality at some point. I am trying to do this as seemlessly as possible. It's ok. Don't cry.

Luke Hobbs said...

Yoda is straight-up ugly. He wouldn't be Yoda if he were handsome.

He's kinda cute, in an ugly way. At least, in Episode V he's cute.

Anonymous said...

I think he's cute...Luke, you're just jealous we aren't saying that you're cute...even though Lana did! But, he looks better in Episode III....*sigh* Yoda fights so awesome!
Lady, I'm pretty sure I could find somebody willing to wear Yoda prosthetics for the rest of their lives... :P
Reality is only in your mind. Think on that for a while... :)

Anonymous said...

How... um... lacking in height is he?
Think you'd have to look hard, Nan? :P Reality isn't in my mind. My mind is not in reality. Think on THAT. :P

Anonymous said...

Truth is absolute, but reality is somewhat relative.

Think about this: five years ago, Luke wasn't part of my reality.

Nan, no, I don't think that's why Luke said that.
Jazzy, gal, please don't sacrifice me, Luke would be so sad, and that would make me sad, so...

Anonymous said...

He IS cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS JUST AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's on my desktop right now:) He's like 1 1/2 feet tall Emy. Totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas