Wednesday, March 5, 2008

God is working!

God is working, and wow is it cool.

Tonight during our youth service I got to pray with three young men from our group. All of them are part of our core, and all of them have recently shared some of their struggles as God does a work in their lives. It was such a blessing tonight to be able to talk to them, pray with them, tell them I loved them.

The Lord is doing a work in our church right now. What do I mean when I say that? He's always working after all, isn't He? Well, yeah, He is, but I just mean that over the past few months we have seen His work show up in individual people's lives. Some of them had been lost, some had been backsliders, some needed to be baptized, some just needed to go deeper in their walks with God.

There is nothing like being able to see the hand of God working in a church. I praise Him so much for allowing me to be a part of this one. I know that ultimately, there's nothing special about our church. We're just a local body of believers that God continues to bless. It's all about Him, now and always.

Thank You, Lord, for my church family.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. I'm excited...
But, I'm still very sad Mom wouldn't let me go last night. :(
My church family...to me, it's like a second family.

Anonymous said...

That's so cool. I wish I could've been there last night. :(

Anonymous said...

God never ceases to amaze me. Let his fire fall. Remember though that when God is at work (and we are seeing him do great things), Satan will attack. So prepare yourself for the battle, but know that victory comes from the Lord.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to assume that's Dusty up there...
But, yeah, I agree with you. Personally, I know he's trying...hard.
And, exciting as the Easter program is, we really do gotta focus in...and not let stress, etc. get in.
I'm with Duh-duh...Let the fire fall.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Dusty's not trying...Satan is. ;)

Anonymous said...

Church was sweet. A lot of stuff happened. All the girls went to the back room during the service and talked and cried. We are such girls! A girl that hasn't been for a while came, then left crying, saying she wasn't sure if she beleived in God, the came back. You guys prolly don't know her, but just pray that God will help her, she's really struggling.
-jaz

Anonymous said...

I'll pray for her. Neat what's going on! And it's not just girly to talk and cry when God's moving!!! My church has to find a youth leader. Then we got to get youth from this other huge church to come to our little church and start a youth group, as I'm the only "youth" they have. A lot of complicated steps, but it'll get going.
You know, this post said nothing whatsoever about Lana. See Emy, he did it accidently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

Right now are church is having some difficulties. It is weighing heavily on the older hearts in our family.

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas