Friday, August 10, 2007

But that's not all...

Well, I have left my readers in the lurch, and I do apologize. Circumstances beyond my control (namely an unintelligent hunk of plastic and metal by the name of DELL) prevented me from posting. And honestly, I don't know how long it'll be before I can post again after today. Oh well, here I am for now.

If you've read sunshine princess (Lana)'s blog, then you've heard the rrrrrrest of the story, as Paul Harvey calls it. But I'll describe it anyway in case you haven't.

Let's see, where were we? Ah yes, Tuesday, everything falls through. I was trusting in God and doing good by His grace, but silly me, I never stopped to think about the possibility that He might go ahead and let us film on Friday and Saturday anyway.

Which is exactly what happened. Trevor (the "source" of all the "trouble", bless 'im) called me back later that afternoon. Of course, being Trevor, his call was not about the cancelled filming, but about some irrelevant topic. He mentioned as an aside, "Oh yeah. I was gonna tell you, we're not going on vacation till Monday."

A bright light shone down as the heavens opened up and began to rain pizza rolls. Oh blessed T-Rev! What a joy divine!

Actually, at this point I was beyond being surprised, and since I was already HAPPY (see previous post), I couldn't get a lot happier than I was. I do wish the sky would rain pizza rolls sometime, though.

At any rate, I called Lana back to tell her that we were back on for the weekend. And there was much rejoicing. And now it's Friday, and I'm gearing up to leave in about six hours for the filming we weren't supposed to be able to do.

I think God must laugh at us sometimes, in a good way. Not to say that He wadded up my plans and threw them in the trash and dug them out and gave them back to me just for the fun of it, but I bet it was a little bit funny to Him. Probably a little bit sad, too: "How hard is it for him to trust Me?"

Hopefully, a little less hard after Tuesday. In the meantime, I still feel good. Have I fallen on my face since then, messed up, wasted opportunities? Yeah, and that hasn't felt good. But I know He's with me, always ready to pick me up, dust me off, and set my feet in the right direction again.

I love you, Father.

No comments:

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas