Monday, August 20, 2007

The work of God continues...

The weekend was absolutely insane. We're filming. We're not filming. We're filming. We're taking too long in filming. We're not filming this or that. We are filming this after all. It's raining (meaning we're not filming).

End result, we accomplished everything we hoped to get on Friday, and a small portion of what we hoped to get on Saturday. Along the way, God reminded me yet again who's in charge by bringing me to my knees.

You'd think that would have happened on Saturday, where we were unable to film most of what we had planned. But it was actually on Friday night. We were filming a scene with Eric and Leslie walking on the side of the road, and we couldn't figure out how to get it. It's always tough to do scenes where people are walking and talking for a sustained amount of time. That alone wouldn't bother me much, but Lana had been feeling very sick all day. Plus, she had a forty-minute drive home once we got done, which meant that it being a Friday night, we needed to get done and let her leave as soon as possible.

We tried one thing and another, and I began to get very frustrated. But Lana, the one who was being affected the most by all this, kept her calm and told me to slow down, calm down, and do it right. Thank God for her.

Once again, God was removing another layer of my pride. And even though I was thankful for that, I didn't like it. After all, the Word tells us to humble ourselves in the sight of the Lord. If He has to do it for us, we're not obeying Him like we should.

God molded me a little bit more on Friday night. It's crazy how much He's been doing in me over the summer, working to get rid of more and more of my pride. I'm learning so much about Him and about myself. A lot of it is stuff that I've known in my head for a long time, but I never realized the full impact of the meaning.

As Fan the Flame continues to get closer, God continues to prepare my heart. But I know absolutely that Satan is right there as well, doing his best to interfere in any way possible. He's not a gentleman; he plays dirty and will do whatever it takes to throw me off the path. I have definitely experienced more spiritual attack coming up on this year's FtF than for any of the previous ones, and that encourages me because I know God has something special planned.

School started today, and it's going to be interesting. Classes are so different from one another. The respective demeanors of my Intro to Theater professor and my Reasoning Across the Disciplines professor could not be more different. I had those classes today and have two writing classes and a history class tomorrow. In a way it's like, argh, school is here, blah. But it's also exciting simply because I know God has a great plan for my school year. I get to spend a lot of time alone with Him while I'm driving back and forth, and I get to take four out of my five classes with Lana, my best friend. Plus, who knows, maybe I'll actually learn something fun and/or beneficial, huh?

Go God, and readers, do three things for FtF. One, pray. Two, make sure you can come on Saturday. Three, invite as many people to come as you can. As you pray, continue to pray for rain; we got some this weekend, but not enough to lift Franklin County's burn ban. This means that unless we get more, the bonfire service is still going to be off. So please pray about that. Let the fire fall.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

God was with us this weekend. It was good...
Right now, I'm just kinda excited... I dunno, not even precisely because of classes or Hunted, but just some good feeling that God is doing and is going to do something great...
I guess you kinda said that, didn't you? ;^P

Luke Hobbs said...

It's crazy how much more God is calling me to trust Him. Makes me feel as if I hardly had any faith before. But, as Oswald Chambers says, faith by its very nature must be tested. I hope that means I have some.

Not too long ago, if I had faced a weekend like the one we just went through, I wouldn't be pitching a fit, but I would be extremely discouraged and down. But it's hard to be when you know that it's all in God's hands and He's just doing what He wants to with it. It is indeed hard to put things in His hands, but so much easier once you do.

Unknown said...

And it's like, the more faith He gives, the more He asks us to trust him, the more we can see how good He is... It's like, very slowly, He's showing Himself and His glory... I don't think I could take it all at once...

And there's always further to go, it seems... Is that what eternity is?

Now this is making me think of Ephesians 1: 15-23... Beautiful passage.

Everybody's dancing, cuz we're so happy!

Luke Hobbs said...

That's a pretty awesome passage, and yeah, I don't think it ever stops. Pretty crazy that God is so big that we'll never get to the end of Him.

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas