Thursday, August 30, 2007

What's Goin' Down

A bit of here and there.

First, my bride-to-be and I will be formatting the September-October issue of Call to Battle tomorrow (Friday). If you have any articles (or certainly blog posts would be cool), you can send them in (or point us in the direction of the blog post if it is that) before noon on Friday. We love receiving and printing contributions from you, so please don't hesitate to send stuff in! If you don't, it's entirely possible you'll simply read more romantic gush from me and Lana! (OK, so with a mostly-female readership, maybe that wasn't the most effective threat to make.)

I want to warn you now about my articles for this issue: Most will seem familiar to you because they are in fact modified blog posts. Hey, it's not my fault you read the blog and get the magazine. Think of it this way: The blog provides you with a partial sneak preview of the next CtB issue.

Oh, and let me just tease you by saying that in this issue, you'll finally get to discover why my screenname is "Warrior of the Dawn." I'm excited about you getting to read this particular work of mine, leftover from the last issue.

I believe the word is getting around my church that Lana and I are engaged. (EDIT: The correct term is courting, not engagement; though we are committed to marrying, we are not officially engaged.) Josh -- a friend, one of my actors in Hunted, a classmate at UAFS, and fellow member of FBC Branch -- asked us today if we'd set our wedding date. Well, no; we will when I get her the ring, and it'll probably be some time before that happens. But I'd much rather people think we're engaged than dating, if there's a choice. I'll try to provide some clarification to my church at some point.

For those of you who have asked about Hunted, well, rest assured we haven't pulled the plug on the project. We have taken a hiatus from filming due to Fan the Flame, and will be idle this weekend in order to give some of our production members a break. We plan on picking it up again next Saturday and hitting it hard, with only about three or four more days of filming to go (Lord willing)! Thank you again to all of you who have voiced encouragement, and we ask that you continue to pray for the movie.

The latest update from Lovers' Lane: Note-giving is all the rage. Note-giving, you ask? Yep. During class, as opposed to taking notes, we often find ourselves giving notes -- to one another. We had a delightful time doing it in Reasoning yesterday, and in both of our writing classes today. But I told Lana that, alas, we'll have to cut down on it or we'll lose our scholarships due to poor grades.

College football begins tonight as LSU takes on Mississippi State on ESPN. I can't wait (and am trying to get CtB articles together so I can watch some of it). Most of my readers may not care about this staple of Southern life, football, but I am eagerly anticipating the coming season and have high hopes for the beloved Arkansas Razorbacks. The Hogs open against Troy on Saturday. Woo Pig Sooiee!

I ask for your prayers for our youth group. I know God has some awesome things for us coming out of FtF, but the devil is attacking us right now. We had kind of a tough service last night. It ended up being good, but there was definitely a feeling of tension in the air. I expect it from Satan; he's trying to steal what God has given us and continues to give us. But as the ending of one of our FtF skits quoted, "One little word shall fell him." Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yay finally the secret of the name "Warrior of the Dawn" will be revealed! lol
I will keep praying for Hunted!!
I am one of those who personally cares nothing for football... :P
Yeah last night's service was good, but kina hard especially at first.
~Emy

Anonymous said...

Razorbacks? BOOOO!!!!! *sorry, that was truly blasphemous!* I can't live in AR without liking them can I? I'm not huge college football though...I like NFL!!!! Ooooooo. I was gonna write something, I didn't know it was so soon already! I'll find something I wrote I guess. Maybe. Yeah, this CtB issue should be extremley interesting and different to the guy subscribers out there huh?:P

Unknown said...

Actually, I was mostly paying attention in both classes today. Except maybe when he was advertising fifty nonfiction books... It was certainly better, education-wise, than wednesday. We only gave a few notes today.
And I took notes in all classes, and of everything important in Reasonings, really I did! (of course, who defines important?)
Fun as it was, we can't repeat wednesday, or we'll lose our scholarships...
Probably it's good for us that cooper is more attentive than hill... :^P
You're fun, you know that?

Anonymous said...

Ya'll are so gonna kill me, but what's the difference between college football and NFL???
~Emy

Anonymous said...

Emy,
Get a brother, and he'll tell you, okay???? K.

Anyways, yeah, Wednesday was difficult. I think that being outside didn't help a ton either.

~Hannah

Anonymous said...

Umm... sure... where do you get those???
~Emy

Anonymous said...

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm. Wal-Mart. :P
I dunno. I guess you could just live with me for a couple of years... :)
~Hannah

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha. Very funny. Just kidding!
~Emy
P.S. Sorry Sir Warrior, we'll move our conversations completely to email, ok? (right, Nan???)

Unknown said...

Heehee, ya'll are too funny... Well Emy, I think Hannah is more than willing to share her brothers with you...
BTW, it was a news flash moment, I looked at Daniel the other day, he was doing some weird impression (again...), and I was like, "Oh dear, this will be my children's uncle..." But, they'll have a good aunt, several good grandparents and good daddy, so they'll be okay... :^P Naw, Daniel's cool, just a little weird sometimes... How on earth do you live without brothers? I love them, future-brother-in-laws too... But, sisters are nice too!

Anonymous said...

Haha, well I've been doing it for a while now... (living w/o brothers) Considering I've never lived *with* brothers, I think the question for me would be, how do you live with brothers?? LOL
~Emy

Anonymous said...

Oh no, brothers are most of the time better than sisters! They're all goofs too!:D It's great. Actually I hear they recently started carrying brothers at TARGET. Check sometime;)
Watched Notre Dame (Hooray!) and Georgia Tech (Booo!) play yesterday. Twas a sad thing. You need to post again.
Gee whiz Lana. Between Daniel and Tony, you're kids are gonna have awesome uncles huh?

Unknown said...

Target, huh? Too bad there's no target around here... Maybe Emy could mail order a brother. I don't think she want to go out of town just to buy a brother...

A ton of uncles, did you think of that? I have five brothers, Luke has three, and then there's Trevor also :^P But, I always thought my uncles were fun, so...

Anonymous said...

Mail order?? How would they ship him?? LOL... well there is a Target in Fayetteville... hmm... but do I *really* need one? LOL
~Emy

Anonymous said...

I want to join in the conversation (sorry Sir)! I love brothers. Meagy's right they are easier than sisters. (most of the time) I always wanted an older one but alas I am stuck with only youngers. They are great for cuddling when you feel blue.

Great uncles that will dote on your children. How awsome is that?! P would love to have so many to take me places b/c you know they will have some young enough to do that. Lol Fun, fun, fun!

Luke I think you need to quit your sly ways. Stalking people is impolite and it could cause your arrest. :0)

Lady

Post please.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wish I had a real uncle. A big brother would be better! Maybe I'd better e-mail Lana where you can't see. I'm sure you don't care (:P) but does your Lady?
Emy, she's right they are easier to mail-order.

Anonymous said...

Okay, sorry Sir Warrior, I really will quit using this for my own conversations now, but I had to say one more thing... Of course I don't need a brother... If I did, God would have given me one. (thanks Lady!) so there! LOL
~Emy

Unknown said...

Lady,
my love can only post when he's at work, unfortunately, b/c his compy at home won't allow it :^(
But what about stalking?

Yeah, I guess you're right about brothers, Emy. But I am so glad to finally have a sister!! And I'll get a sister in law soon :^P

Sorry we're hijacking your comment section, Luke...

Luke Hobbs said...

I'm just interested to hear why I'm considered a stalker.

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas