Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Unlabor Day is over

Life rolls onward. Back to school today after Labor Day weekend. I got to be with Lana, but otherwise it was fairly blah. My writing instructor, David Cooper, possesses an almost maddening personality. He is consistently pleasant with a soft, ready smile, but he never crosses the line into what I would call actually "being nice." He seems to think that our reason for being on earth is to be with family and to travel, so he encourages us to share about our experiences in those areas; but although he's encouraging, he never seems to be truly interested in us. I think he's a pretty good teacher, but his blandness gets to me every now and then.

Sitting here at work now; will shortly go and proofread CtB with my lovely co-editor. I think it's, well, another good issue; there's quite a bit about romance, but I don't think you can blame us for that. I am excited about finally being able to unleash the "Warrior of the Dawn" short story on the world.

Just as a heads-up to all of you: It may interest you (it will doubtless interest those from FBC Branch who read the blog) to know that I am scheduled to preach at my church Sunday night. It's been a long time since I've had the opportunity. Please pray for me as I prepare this week, because I already seem to be running short of time; and pray for the message. Right now God seems to be pointing me toward a hard-hitting turn-and-repent sermon, centered around the book of Malachi and other passages (go check out Malachi if you're unfamiliar with it; it's definitely hard-hitting). But He could very well change it in the course of this week; it's happened before, so pray that I will seek His will and be obedient to whatever He calls me to preach.

Set to film again on Saturday for the first time in three weeks. It'll be our most intensive shooting day yet, Lord willing, all taking place up at my grandparents' and involving all of our major actors. Please pray for that as well, that everyone's schedules will work out, that we'll work quickly and efficiently, and that we'll do a good job and glorify God.

And, well, that's it for now; I have some other stuff to work on. But finally, I would like you readers to respond in the comment section about something I'm curious to know: What did God do in your life through Fan the Flame? What is He (hopefully) still doing? I'm really interested to see what kind of impact (if any) it made on your life, however small, so please let me know. Thank you readers, just, well, for being readers, and for commenting! God bless.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sir Warrior of the Dawn,
How exciting to know that soon the mystery of The Name will soon be unlocked!! lol
I heard you are preaching...
FTF was awesome... God has really spoken to me about living for Him, all the time, completely sold out for Him, not just when I feel like it. He is still working in my everyday life in amazing ways.
~Emy

Anonymous said...

Well, the huge reason I wanted to go so bad was because I get so out of focus. About everything in my life. Alot of that doesn't really matter, but I'm pretty sure God is NOT something in my life that should be out of focus. Church had been a little hard because of Dad being in CO and our babies who don't know how to sit in church nicley. So I needed some spark and revival and focusing help and God gave me some through FtF. Dusty and Chris exceeded my high expectations, and like I said, the music nailed me pretty good. So to make a long story short, it's pretty much what Emy said: God spoke to me about being sold out, living for Him, and being FOCUSED.

PS - I don't think you're a stalker:P

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh crud! I am going to send you and your lady and e-mail to straiten out the whole stalker thing. I am so beyond sorry.


On another note. Worship. Fan the Flamed helped me to worship. I know I am to worship Him with my life but that is not what I am talking about. Song. I sang my heart out to Jesus. I would like to be able compliment and saying it was the awsomeness of the music that caused me to do so but that would be lying. Jesus caused me to love Him in that way. I realized that I have been too focused on what I look like or how I sound when I sing with the congragation on Sunday mornings and it's wrong. Has my style of worship changed (by that I mean do I now jump up and down raise my hands and pump them )? No. I still like to be still when I sing to Jesus. But now when I am (fairly) still I listen to the words that I sing and proclaim them from the heart.

Lady

Anonymous said...

Luke,
Honestly, Fan the Flame didn't change much outwardly for me. But, in my heart, it changed a lot. I feel like my fire is increased, I feel a passion for witnessing, and I am excited about my walk again. I think it's changed me forever. I think my quiet time is more focused, more varied, and more passionate. I'm excited about doing things in missions again, I'm jacked about serving. That's what it's done for me.
You didn't ask, but I'm gonna say anyways.
I think that our youth group (at least, our core ((which is rapidly growing))) is taking the next step. I believe that we're seeking God's face, and really wanting His will to be done in our lives as a group and individuals. I think that (at least, mine) worship (tonight) was more passionate, more wonderful than anything I can describe. I think God is growing us. And, Luke, I think he's using you in a very mighty and wonderful way. Thank you so much.
love from your sister,
Hannah

Unknown said...

Fan the Flame... We all keep saying how much it rocked our faces off, without giving specifics, so this is nice...

I think the biggest impact it made on me was that God used it to show me in even more ways how mighty He is and how great His love for us is. As ya'll know, my friend Hope decided to follow Christ, which was a huge blessing to me, my prayers were answered, and I got to witness it! That was just one way. Another, of course, was getting to be with Luke during the afternoon. The worship was awesome too; I love getting together with other believers and praising the Lord! And Chris's message about the cross also reminded me of how much God loves us. Of course, knowing how much He loves me naturally makes me want to tell people about it. When you see something wonderful, you want to point it out!
I was also reminded how important it is continually examine myself and make sure that I keep focusing on God, instead of letting that focus drift to myself. And hearing several of ya'll talk about "having your feet cleaned" afterwards has really cemented those thoughts in my mind.

Btw, it's really neat to fellowship with all ya'll on this blog! Internet rocks my face off.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all the comments, guys (er, girls); it blesses me so much to hear ya'll share.

So far, this year's FtF hasn't produced results as outwardly explosive as last year. The temptation is to say, "Well, God must not have used it as much, and that's that." But that's totally wrong, I think. This year's results have, thus far, been a lot more subtle; but I definitely believe they could break out at any moment.

As for me, well -- . . . I started to type, but it's late and it might be better if I simply devoted a post to this. Since it is my blog and all. See ya'll tomorrow (or today, whatever).

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas