Monday, September 24, 2007

We really did film this weekend!

Hey, what do you know! We actually filmed on Saturday! Can ya believe it?

No trains were harmed in the making of this film. And no one was harmed by trains in the making of this film. Just thought I'd clarify that for ya, Emy.

So yeah, crazy filming day, long but good. At some point, when I get a bit of spare time and remember, I'll get some screenshots up on the blog. And, who knows, maybe some moving images. The plot thickens...

I guess you guys have figured out by now that I abandoned the whole idea of these cool indepth "Production Updates" (I gave two of them like, way back when this blog started). I wish I could give you guys a really close look at what we're doing in production, but I simply don't have time to do that. Hey, Lana doesn't have a job (and therefore must not be at all busy at any time, right?); ask her. *mischievous smile* I love you, darling!

So we continue to claw our way toward the end of this baby. How much do we have left? Very little and quite a lot. But we'll get there.

I'm really not sure how long the post-production process will take, though. Editing isn't that hard of a job, but it takes a lot of time just because of how many stinkin' scenes there are. Then we have to rerecord dialogue and stick that in there; I have no idea how hard that will be because I've never done anything remotely like it. There's also the all-important score, which I think will be fantastic, but which will require a lot of planning, recording, rerecording, mixing, matching with the film, etc. Once we have all those components, we'll be ready for the final sound edit; I want to make sure we don't sell that short. We'll probably end up recording a lot of small sound effects for various parts just to make sure we get as full a sound as possible.

After that, we'll be ready to plan a premiere and get stuff ready for the DVD release. That's gonna be such a blast. The payoff of seeing this thing finished is going to be amazing stacey.

If no one involved had jobs or school to occupy their time, we could probably finish filming this week, take a couple weeks to edit, then maybe three or four more to get the final sound edit. Sadly, that's not the case.

But we will finish this movie, if the Lord permits. All of our rabid fans will merely have to be patient for a while longer.

Anyways, Lana has already posted about Saturday, so you have that. I won't add much more except to say that when I get to spend that much time with her in a day, I have to call it a good day. I had so much fun filming with her, acting alongside her, being extremely sappy during the brief breaks (as she can testify), driving her around, and watching the Razorbacks with her (even though they lost).

And, as she and I also said over on her blog, yesterday was our one-month anniversary of being "a couple". Talk about unbelievable. Let me tell you singles again, one more time, even though I'm sure it won't be the last: Do things God's way. His plan is incredibly more fun and more romantic than anything this world can concoct.

I am so blessed to have this wonderful woman whom I love and who loves me. If you'd told me three months ago that we would be so madly in love and in the midst of intoxicating romance right now, I would not have dared to believe you. God doesn't just meet our wildest dreams; He surpasses them. I love you, Lana.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patient??? WHAT??? okay, fine... but I do hope you finish it soon so I can watch it!!! And I'm sure you'll finish it, you know you can't give us all these intriguing updates, mysterious hints, and various bits and peices of perplexing info about this long-awaited and much-told-of movie and then not finish it!!!
Very excited, and praying,
Emy

Anonymous said...

Trust me, Emy, when you see it, you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. It won't be like a mindblowing experience or anything. I just hope everyone understands the basics of the story and the themes.

Anonymous said...

Well, perhaps that is true, I don't know since I obviously, well, don't know ;P, but I'm sure I'll love it... anything done by my friends and siblings of my friends and my youth pastors I will love... ;D and after all I've heard about it, I would be looking forward to it even if it wasn't any better than some of the home video movies of yours and D and T's that I've seen... lol... and anyway I'm no movie critiquer so...
still looking forward to and anxiously awaiting getting to see it,
~Emy

Unknown said...

Hello my love,
Don't think you've gotten away with the Lana doesn't have a job thing.
I do, my love, or have you forgotten?
My occupations are student and apprentice homemaker. Or maybe I could say "I intern as a domestic engineer".
Domestic engineer. Sounds scientific, huh?
Remember that, fellow future homemakers!!

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas