Monday, October 8, 2007

Midterm week, and, discussions, and, Sunday night class

It is the midterm week at dear old U of A Fort Smith. Doesn't seem possible. Before you know it, my Lana and I will be staring finals in the face, and then, ho ho ho, it's on to Christmas we go!

Yesterday I discovered a fact that many of my readers have known for a while (apparently): my darling sister Hannah has two blogs. One for spiritual musings and one for everyday happenings. A Smeagol and a Gollum, as it were (sorry Emy, you won't get it till you read LOTR, mwahahahaha).

Not that there's anything wrong with having two blogs. But there's no way I could ever keep up with it. It's hard enough to post on this one, thank you; plus, I would probably forget which blogs was which and wreak some form of havoc in that ignorance.

So I think I'll stick with Warrior. It's nice, it works, even if I only get to post three or four times a week.

Speaking of which, we've been having some lively discussion in the comment section of the previous post. My bride-to-be and I have been ganging up on our dear Emy on the issue of violence (don't worry; we haven't hurt her, at least not yet). Makes me wonder if perhaps we should start up a discussion forum, like on Ezboard or something like that. They're free and don't look pretty, but they are much more efficient and organized ways to discuss. Plus you can talk about whatever you want, whether or not it relates to a blog post. Of course, some of you seemingly do that already; while reading comments, I constantly see references to stuff I know nothing about -- apparently it relates to some other area of cyberspace that I have not penetrated.

Anyways, commenter people, let me know if you're interested in doing something like that; I could set one up pretty easily. Of course, you'd have to pick and stick with a single username; that could prove bothersome for some of you girls who have a multitude of names (yes, I'm talking to you, Nan/Sarah/Hannah/who knows what else; just kidding; it doesn't *really* bother me). But I think it would be cool, if you guys are up for it. Then again, it'd be one more spot on the Web that you visit regularly, so if you just want to limit yourself to blogs, that's okay too.

Nothing due tomorrow; hurrah! Please pray for me as I am currently applying for the job Brannan mentioned in previous comment sections; I don't know whether it will work or not, but the opportunity can't be a coincidence and so I'm looking at it.

Last night we finished going through Ephesians 5 in youth class. Well, I say finished; we actually didn't get to the end where it talks about husbands and wives and such; but I think we'll cut it off where we stopped. We'll probably do specific studies on marriage roles in the future; I think it's so crucial for young people to learn that while they're still single. I'm still struggling with the whole teaching thing a bit, so pray for me. For a while we basically had a formal lesson where I pretty much lectured the whole time. Lately we've been doing a discuss-through-passage type thing where I kind of lead and everybody has an opportunity to chime in. We've gotten some really good stuff out of that, but I'm not sure that some of our younger believers are getting a lot out of that. So we'll see. I really enjoy getting to do the class and lead in studying the Word; if any of you Branchers have any suggestions, let me know.

Time to lock up and go home; let me know you guys' thoughts on doing a messageboard. If you don't want to, cool with me; it's just a thought.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep, Hannah's got two blogs, and if you read them, the tones are very different. I like em both though. Guess that just means I like the different sides of Nan/Hannah/Sarah :^P
Emy's got two also... And I like them both, too.

Dearest Luke, I am so glad that you're looking into this job. Not that I think it's definitely the right thing, it just makes me happy... I guess any time you try to figure out a job and stuff like that for *our* future, it makes me feel loved...
Hmmm.. Message board. It would be more organized than this, but we'd prolly still have references from each other's blog comment sections :^P
I dunno, if you start it, I'll join on, naturally.
I love you Luke, talk to you tonight, Lord willing.

Anonymous said...

Luke,
Messageboard: GO FOR IT!!!! That would be rocking-my-face-off-flipping-sweet!!! And, I MIGHT be able to keep one username...maybe.
Blogs: Well, whatever. I guess they're very different, but I'm still struggling to find my tone on my personal blog...Soli Deo Gloria is about my Christian walk, and what God's laid on my heat, while How Great is Our God is about my life, and funny stuff, lord of the rings stuff and more. I'm hoping to post song lyrics, poems, stories, verses and stuff on there too...just not the same as I would on SDG. Anyways, I'm kinda still wavering...Why did I just say all that??? I don't know..
Anyways...
My changing of the name: Luke, dearest older brother, that you will understand a little..a VERY little more when you are married. I'm in different moods on different days, and the name suits the mood. Hannah is when I'm just feeling normal. Sarah is when I'm feeling happy. Nan is when I'm thinking of Meggy, and I feel...weird...Kinda like ecstatic, like I'm really in a book. And Eruannie is when I'm feeling old, and when I'm constantly thinking about Lord of the Rings...Grace is for when I feel...older than I am, but not old, and when I feel like...high on God, or something. So, yeah. If you think of any other names...I'll...slap you or something. Lana, don't kill me for saying that... :P
Anyways, as for the job, you know I'm praying....
Oh! Youth class: Um, well, I get a lot out of it, but sometimes with EMY it's hard to concentrate...especially when she breaks my pen. (Grrr...Emy, yeah, you're not gonna live much longer...I loved that pen.)
But, whatever works for you and God- it all comes down to Him. So, I guess I'll be praying that you will know God's will and do it.
Alright, I think that's it...
But, again, I likey the messageboard idea!!!!!!!!!! So do it for your annoying little sister with two blogs, and contemplating another one!!!!! :) :P
Anyways, okay, bye...
~Hannah/Sarah/Nan/Eruannie/Your little sis/The annoying one/The girl who can't shut her mouth and leaves long comments on Mondays/the girl who never speaks when you're driving her to YCME/the girl who is loving Princess Bride at the moment/the weird one with long brown hair that went to church camp and painted her face and stuck up her hair/okay, I think that's all...

Anonymous said...

Hannah, you are a one-of-a-kind sister. I love you and appreciate you.

Anonymous said...

One-of-a-kind... DEF! lol luvya Hannah! :P
Yeah, that's true... I have two blogs too... so what's so weird about that, I ask? Actually, Luke, it's Lana's fault I have two. :P She was asking me if ya'll could put the link to my blog in CtB cause I put other poems on there, and so I didn't really want to put the link to my personal blog in there b/c I wouldn't even know some of those ppl, so I made one just for my poems. Anyway...
Smeagol and Gollum?? Whatever...
"I think I'll stick with Warrior"... were you considering getting another blog?
A discussion forum thing would be kina cool.. I see the good and bad things about it. First, it would be good b/c we could try to keep all our chatting there, and actually comment about the post, and (what a novel idea!) to the rightful owner of the blog! :D But then, it *would* be another place to check... oh well. I don't really care...
Oh and I think you do a good job in youth class!
Hannah did you really like that pen so much? Well it was your fault b/c you kept clicking it... I was just trying to make Trev stop sending us those weird looks... and I didn't mean to break it, honest!
~Emy

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

Now I feel bad I have two blogs but one isn't spiritual and the other normal. The only difference between mine is one's a blog and the other is a xanga. Do you really have to ask a bunch of girls whether they want anothe place to talk or not? I actually would love that. So go for it if you wish. You see I don't want to miss another discussion such as the last one on violence. Where in the world was I at that time?!

Lady

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

Now I feel bad I have two blogs but one isn't spiritual and the other normal. The only difference between mine is one's a blog and the other is a xanga. Do you really have to ask a bunch of girls whether they want anothe place to talk or not? I actually would love that. So go for it if you wish. You see I don't want to miss another discussion such as the last one on violence. Where in the world was I at that time?!

Lady

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas