Thursday, October 11, 2007

Video reactions, and, a new job!

Well, I hope you guys enjoyed the exclusive first-time-on-planet-Earth Hunted previews. I definitely enjoyed putting them together and letting you see them. It's really exciting to have something official, something anybody can see; it encourages me since the film is a long way from being finished. Anyways, thank you for all the nice comments; I really appreciate them.

As Meggy noted in the comment section, we've got a few more videos (unrelated to Hunted) over on YouTube. I hope to put many more on there. You can find our official channel at www.youtube.com/hobbbottomfilms. Right now, in addition to the two Hunted vids, we have posted the short "Silent Movie" starring Daniel and Trevor, as well as the "Woe-Be-Gone" commercial starring Trevor and the other Daniel from our youth group.

I think YouTube is way cool; it provides us with an awesome opportunity to let lots of people know about the film. Please, if you know anyone who you think would like the movie (based on what little you know about it, anyway), send them a link to the YouTube videos.

And now for the actual subject of this post. I have a job. A new job, at any rate. I'm still really not totally sure how it came about, but I know it's an opportunity that God has given me, so I'm really thankful for it.

Our friend and former homeschooler Brannan gave a comment on one of my posts from last week, telling me about a job opening in the company she works for. I applied for the job, did a writing test, and got accepted!

So what is this job, anyway? Well, it's for a group called On Point Advocacy. They are involved in political grassroots activism. Basically, my job as an "Advocacy Coordinator" (sounds spiffy, don't it?) is to be given a particular issue (like fuel economy standards or something boring like that, for example), call voters who have expressed interest in the issue, and ask them if they'd like me to write a letter to Congress on their behalf about the issue. Then I write the letter, assuming they want me to. It's a bit more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it.

I'm not totally excited about the phone aspect of it (I'll take writing over talking any day), but the pay is very good and it has a lot more hours than my previous job. And I get to set them as I want, within certain boundaries. So that's really nice.

I start next week, and I don't know whether I'll like it or not, but I'm excited because it's an opportunity that God "dropped in [my] lap", as my future father-in-law put it. Hopefully, it brings me another step closer to the day when I'll be ready to provide for myself and Lana financially. And that, as you may imagine, is really exciting. Thank You, Lord, for giving this to me!

So I ask you to please pray for me as I start this job, and continue to pray for me and Lana as we continue on the path God has laid out for us. I could not make it without her, by the way. Even though we're not married yet, she is fulfilling her calling as a help-meet to me, and I thank God so much for her. I can't even describe how much it means to have her with me, helping me, loving me, praying for me, telling me she's proud of me; you guys'll have to discover it when you find your future spouse. I love you so much, Lana.

22 comments:

Lady of somethin' er 'nother... said...

Yippee! I am the first to comment on this post!Ok so it isn't that exciting but, well nevermind.
Hopefully the phone thing will become like second nature and not bother you. I "lmost" hate (if you can do that) to talk on the phone and I am a girl. I'm 'sposed to like that sort of thing! I'll be prayin'. This is a start and maybe God will move quickly (in our eyes) and your bride-to-be will
be your bride sooner than you thought possible.

Lady

Anonymous said...

"first-time-on-planet-Earth"... is this to say that you have released Hunted footage to Narnia, or Middle Earth, or somewhere else, before you did here?? If so, I am deeply offended. :P hehee... and you never thought you'd see the day that I acted as if Middle Earth was a real place, did you? Well, here, I'm not really saying that... but Narnia sounds good and it is a real place in my imagination (I'm on "Voyage of the Dawn Treader", btw) and I had to add Middle Earth to, 1. sound better, and 2. make ya'll happy. :P so anywho... I did LOVE the vids... oh and I'll be checking the youtube site for new vids and I may send it on to some ppl...
You and Lana are in my prayers...
~Emy

Anonymous said...

And in reply to the comments on the last post (I didn't think ya'll would see 'em on an old one):
Well, Lana, I will say that I don't think YOU are crazy, and that in those vids you didn't seem crazy. But, look at who you hang out with, and who you are going to marry!! Warrior's right... you kina have to be crazy to marry him. :P But, Warrior, I'm sure that's fine with her... LOL...
Oh and though I didn't notice it the first time, I, too, see what Meg meant... pretty cool... that she noticed, I mean... btw, I love these vids and have watched them at least 5 times over... :P
~Emy

Unknown said...

Luke, dearest, I am so proud of you, and excited for you too.
I hope the job doesn't become a burden to you, my love.
I love you!
It's been seven weeks, today, btw...

Anonymous said...

Absolutley wonderful!!! God is AWESOME!!!!
I did like Silent Movie best! I could connect with both Daniel and Trev:P *Usually I end up as Dan...* But Woe-be-Gone was good too! T-rev's a nut! Heehee!
Hope this job will be a HUGE step closer to the wedding that I really want to get to go to! For everyone's general interest (or the lack thereof, either one) we closed on our house today and we shall start moving in!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Meggy, for some reason it makes me feel good that you liked Silent Movie better. Woe-Be-Gone is generally more popular.

Trivia: Silent Movie is one of only two short films that Daniel, Trevor and I all worked on together. The other is "Sir", which will probably eventually make it to YouTube, but in serial, because it's like eleven minutes long.

Seven weeks, darling, you didn't say anything about it on the phone! I totally forgot! Happy seven weeks! I love you!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Meggy, I liked Silent Movie better, too.... it wasn't quite AS crazy... :P
Oh I've seen "Sir", too... it was confusing. :P
~Emy

Curiously Normal said...

Hey, Luke...HR contacted me, they are waiting for your paperwork. Can you get in contact with them or me ASAP?

I started as an AC and loved it! Very fast paced..Save your money well and it will be a HUGE help. Just get that paperwork in :)

Anonymous said...

turn your paperwork in dogg.

Unknown said...

haha, I'll call him and tell him when he gets out of class today...
Thanks, Brannan and other person!

Luke Hobbs said...

Paperwork is in, on time; thanks, guys.

Curiously Normal said...

Oosh! You had me worried. Deadlines are a huge deal. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey little cuz I'm happy fer you. Give me a call and keep Dan out of trouble. P.S. Whats with the moves?

Unknown said...

Dearest Luke, I have to say that I love the new sidebar. The picture and caption are great!!
And the about you- I love it. Of course, I loved the box about you before. I just love pretty much everything about you, so...
You bless me, darling, and I cannot wait to marry you.
I hope the training went well this morning, I love you, Luke
~your sunshine princess

Anonymous said...

yeah the pic is great!
But you know it's really bad when someone is so gullable that they fall for it every time someone else comments their (or someone else's) blog as something besides them... :P
~Emy

Luke Hobbs said...

That is really bad, Emy. Let me know if you or anyone you know has a problem with gullibility.

Darling, glad you like the new stuff. It's nice being able to access Blogger at home.

Curiously Normal said...

Hey, just a reminder to keep the confidentiality agreements. :) Welcome aboard!

Anonymous said...

Luke... good grief!
Now explain right now about the marketing manager before I go crazy with confusion!! You're right, being gullible is bad...
~Emy

Anonymous said...

and I just saw your comment on Jazzy's blog... not sure I understnad much of it, but I didn't mean anything by thinking you were commenting as Jazzy, except that I was going to try to quit falling for everything... it's obviously not working...
~Emy

Anonymous said...

Obviously not; there are a few things you're still currently falling for, apparently.

Thanks for the heads-up, Brannan; I hadn't initially realized how little could be revealed about stuff (basically nothing), but it's fine.

Anonymous said...

will ya'll just hurry up and explain?? you're not good for my poor already confused mind... :P i will never get you all figured out, but hanging around your blogs helps and then you do THIS (whatever you're doing) to me.... aaaahhhh!!!!! won't anyone sympathize with me and EXPLAIN????
~emy

Unknown said...

Sorry Emy, some of it is explained on my blog. And it seems that the issue has gotten worse, although I have heard about it, I've yet to see the latest on your blog.

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas