Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Only 77 days till Christmas!!!

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...

OK, maybe not quite. Matter of fact, it's still hitting the 90's outside. We're not exactly facing the imminent approach of winter.

Plus, I always make it a point to grouse annually about how stores break out the Christmas decorations before Halloween -- or in some cases before Easter, apparently. Can these people not WAIT??

But for some unknown reason, that's not my attitude this year. I simply cannot wait for Christmas. It's such an amazing season of the year, and I can't wait to experience it again! I'm ready for biting cold and "Silent Night" and nativity scenes and strings of lights.

I think I'd settle -- at the moment, anyway -- just for getting to sing "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel". That is one of my absolute favorite Christmas songs. The lyrics are haunting and the melody sounds Jewish. Maybe I'll do that on my way home tonight.

Gotta go, but whaddya say? You guys ready for Christmas? Tis (almost) the season!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that song- it is one of my favorites too!
I am ready for the Christmas season to start- I didn't get to listen to or sing many Christmas Carols last year, so I am very much ready.
Falalalalalalalala...

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOOO ready for Christmas!!! Between working on Christmas songs in YCME choir and practices for the "Christmas Carol" starting up, I am sooooo excited!!! And this Christmas will be special and fun b/c we'll be doing the CC play again... we did it two years ago and I sooo missed not doing it last year. So excited.... gotta post about that... when I find time.
Anyway, it will also be special because it will be the one-year anniversary of us coming to FBC Branch!!! :D Christmas Eve, right Hannah? :D funfun...
~Emy

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Christmas Eve, Emy...I still have that email!!!
~Nan

Attention!

This blog is under reconstruction (not to be confused with the Andrew Johnson administration).

Forth Eorlingas

Forth Eorlingas